Have you noticed the changes Google made in their search results display? If not, take a look at the before and after below and learn how to use this change to benefit your website search results.
Before Google made this change, a search result displayed a site multiple times, with different ranking for each appearance. Users would see a list of results with a site repeated several time. Users, understandably, would scan the results and make a best guess at the site they wanted.
After the change (technically a change in their interface for display), the organic and local pages results are grouped. What this means is that users see a more comprehensive view of a search result site and have all of that site’s information in one place. Ranking also changed to combine the ranking for the organic and the local pages. Websites that do not have a listing in Google’s local pages are significantly smaller than sites that have both organic and local pages information. This is definitely a plus for users, who can now see all of the information for a website in one display.
If you do not have a Local Pages listing for your business or if the information is not complete you can add detail to make your listing standout!
Here is how to make the most of Google local pages for your website:
1. Go to Google and submit your local pages content
2. Under Local and Maps – select Google Places
3. Login to your Google account or if you don’t have an account, create one. It’s free!
4. Click on List Your Business
5. Google may already have information about your business. Enter your phone number and if Google has any information it will be displayed for you.
6. If your business information is displayed, click EDIT and complete your information.
7. If your business information is not displayed, click ADD to create your local business listing.
8. Very Important! Add all of the information you can, the more you add the more you will have displayed in your search results. If you have pictures, add them from your computer or the web. If you have a video, add it! When you have finished, click Submit.
9. Your information will be verified by a secured pin called to your phone number or a postcard mailed to your address. The phone verification is an automated voice, take the number down carefully. You may have to repeat the phone verification a few times to get a pin you can understand and enter accurately.
Once your information has been accepted wait 24 hours and check your search results. If you see things you would like to change, repeat the steps above until you have the search results you want. Definitely worth the effort!
If you still need help to do it, contact our search engine optimization team and we will be happy to assist you.
Our Production and quality of work is based on years of training in collaboration with top level software engineers in the industry.
Webmaster Studio, Inc.
757 3rd Ave, Floor 20th
New York, NY 10017
Please sign up for our email list, where we will send you up to date news and promotions.